What’s in v1.12?
- Removed features that can no longer be provided due to changes in Strava’s API
- Fix bug where a users profile picture would be very large on the recorded route screen.
Unfortunately this update reduces the functionality slightly. Don’t worry, the core functionality of recording and uploading your rides to Strava remains intact. The changes only relate to those features where you can access data about other athletes. So, you will no longer be able to view athletes that you follow, those that follow you, activities of other athletes that you follow and other riders on your activities. It’s a shame but this is due to Strava and it’s API having to comply with a changing world in terms of privacy and the new GDPR regulations. It was either make these changes to Striver or pull it from the app store. There is still a healthy amount of people all around the world that still find Striver on Windows Mobile useful, so I think it’s worth making the changes and keeping it going.
Thanks for your understanding.
The last post was about recent Windows Phone OS builds breaking various Silverlight GPS apps.
It appears that Microsoft has now fixed the issue in the latest build (15245) that has just been released to Insiders on the fast ring.
Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16275 for PC & Build 15245 for Mobile
“We fixed an issue where Silverlight apps that use GPS would either not start or crash.”
Thanks to those that reported the issue and I hope you can go on using Striver.
It appears that some recent updates to the Windows 10 Mobile OS have broken many GPS enabled apps that are based on the old Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 Silverlight platforms. This includes Striver, Runtastic, Caleidos Runner, Cycle Tracks etc.
Thanks to all the Striver users that have taken the time to report this to me. As so many have got in touch I wanted to let you all know the situation. I know for sure that OS build 15063 and 15240 causes this problem.
Here’s an article about the issue:
As soon as I can I will take a look to see if there is anything I can do about it. If it’s an OS issue it’s unlikely that anything can be done other than to wait for Microsoft to fix it. Fingers crossed.
Thanks for your patience,
Today TeamWestwood reached the 100,000 Windows Phone app downloads milestone! Thank you to anyone who has ever downloaded one of our apps.
What new in v1.9?
– Manual Entry of Activities. Tap the ‘plus’ button in the application bar along the bottom of the record screen.
– Ability to edit your existing activities name, type, description etc.
– Heart Rate Monitor auto connect. When recording starts Striver will automatically try and connect to your heart rate monitor.
– Share activities. When viewing the details of an activity you can share the url of the activity to your social networks.
There are a number of reports of people being asked to buy their Striver in-app purchases again. It’s currently being investigated. I’ll post any updates here in due course. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Update 4 – Update from Microsoft ** We have identified the issue and are in the process of rolling it out to production. ETA is 9/24 in the PM or 9/25 in the AM at the latest.
Update 3 – Microsoft has now confirmed there is an issue and their engineers are try to resolve it. You can find more information here:
Update 2 – A couple of work around can be tried until Microsoft resolve the issue.
1. Uninstall and the reinstall (warning : you will loose any rides not yet uploaded to Strava)
- You have previously purchased a feature but you are prompted to purchase again.
- You choose to purchase and it takes you to the WP store where you have a ‘buy’ button instead of the ‘You already own this – Install’ button.
- Click cancel instead.
- Close the Striver app completely.
- Start Striver.
- The feature is now enabled again with a status of ‘Purchased’. You are no longer prompted to purchase.
Update 1 – A number of other app developers are reporting the same issue. It appears to be an issue at Microsoft’s end to do with In App Purchase licences not being flagged as active when they should be.
What’s new in v1.6?
– Support for Zephyr HxM heart rate monitor
– Ability to delete activities from the local device and Strava
– Some UI tweaks and bug fixes
If you’re a Striver user then join the new Strava club to see what other Striver users are up to and discuss and receive news about the Striver app.
Another release of Striver, the Strava client for Windows Phone, has just hit the store!
– Settings has the addition of a configurable range of audible voice notifications to keep you informed during a recording.
– Optional Toast Notifications for new followers, kudos and comments.
– About and Help contains some recording tips and a link the online user guide.
I hope you enjoy these new features and please do get in touch about any bugs or feedback about Striver.
Another update to Striver has just be released to the Windows Phone store. This Strava client now has improved activity detail pages that includes more activity summary info, altitude chart, comments & kudos.
See the Striver page for much more info.